Steps to Follow After Retainer Has Been Paid
- Pay balance of case (including court costs). You can make payments by U.S. Mail, by stopping in our office, by calling our office for payments over the phone, or through our secure online payment webpage (IE browser no longer compatible). Please remember that if paying by check or money order, the court costs must be paid with a separate check or money order. Also, please remember that attorney fees can be paid via credit card or debit card, but court costs cannot.
- Once your balance has been paid in full, please complete the follow-up packet and fill in the debt sheet.
- Gather together the follow-up packet, debt sheets, and all other requested info and bring into our office for review. (Although no appointment is needed, the wait may be up to 30 minutes.)
- Complete the Pre-filing Credit Counseling Course
- Schedule and attend a follow-up appointment with the attorney.
- Make arrangements to sign the typed bankruptcy petition.
Once all of the above has been completed, your case will be filed and further instructions will follow in regards to:
- Completing your Post-filing Debtor Education Course and signing Form 423.
- Attending the Meeting of the Creditors with an attorney.
- What to Bring to Initial Free Consultation
- Fees to File Bankruptcy
- Make a Payment to Tom Scott & Associates, P.C. (IE browser no longer compatible)
- Annual Credit Report (free)
- Credit Counseling Companies
- Pre-filing Credit Counseling Course
- Post-filing Debtor Education Course